Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 5 Mins.
Cooking Time - 10 Mins.
1 cup Vermicelli (Shewaya)
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
Small amount of Turmeric Powder
3-4 Curry leaves
3-4 chopped Green Chillies
1 Onion (Chopped)
1/4 Cup Green Peas
Shredded / Finely chopped Carrot -- as you required
1 tbs finely chopped Tomato
Finely chopped coriander leaves
1 & 1/2 cup Water
2 tbs Oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadhai and add vermicelli. Fry vermicelli till it get brown. Keep aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in kadhai. Add mustard seeds, green chillies & curry leaves.
3. Then add chopped onion. Fry onion till it get brown.
4. Add tomato, green peas, carrot, turmeric powder. Cook this for 2-3 mins.
5. Then add water & salt. Cover with lid.
6. When water starts boiling ass vermicelli. Stir it.
7. Cover upama with lid for 5-6 mins. Stir it ocaasionally.
8. When it done add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Serves - 4
1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup shredded red raddish (optional)
1/4 cup shredded beet (optional)
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
1 cup Thick Yoghurt
1-2 tbs roasted Peanut Powder
1 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
1 tbs Oil
2-3 chopped green chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1. Add all ingredients in the bowl. Mix well.
2. Heat oil in small kadhai.
3. Add mustard seeds & green chillies.
4. Add this seasoning to mixter
5. Serve with chapati/ roti & sabji.
2 cups raw rice
1/2 cup of tofu (any variety soft, firm, extra firm)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp jeera
1. Wash and soak rice for 2 hours.
2. Grind with tofu to a fine paste.
3. Add jeera seeds (optional).
4. Add water to make the batter thinner than the normal dosa batter.
5. Heat tava, apply oil and splash 1 ladle of batter on the tava to form a dosa. (Note that the batter cannot be spread with the ladle on the tava like other dosas).
6. Cover it and leave it for 2 minutes and turn it over on the tava carefully.
7. Let it stay for a couple of minutes, uncovered.
8. Serve hot with any chutney or rasam.
1 bunch of Green Palak (Spinach)
2-3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
2-3 Green Chillies (Chopped)
1/4 th cup Green Peas
1 tsp Ground Roasted Peanuts
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oil
1. Wash & cut Palak leaves.
2. Heat oil in kadhai. Then add green chillies. Fry for a minute.
3. Add chopped garlic. Fry garlic till it get little bit brown.
4. Then add chopped palak leaves & green peas.
1/2 kg potatoes, boiled, peeled & mashed
2 onions, chopped
1 cup besan flour
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp soda-bi carb
3 green chilies, finely chopped
Coriander leaves, chopped
2 tsp lime juice
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and slightly saute onions,add ginger-garlic paste.
2. Now add green chilies,boiled potatoes,garam masala,salt and pepper.
3. Add lime juice and coriander.
4. Mix well and make small balls of this mixture. Keep aside.
5. To the besan flour, add little salt and soda-bi-carb and make fine batter using water.
6. In a large Kadhai, heat oil. Immerse the potato balls in the batter and drop into the oil slowly.
7. Fry these balls on all sides until golden brown.
8. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any type of chutney.
Tip: You can eat this wada with Pav. Just cut Pav lenghwise. Sprinkle some pea nut chutney on cut Pav, Place wada in between 2 pieces of Pav. Eat with fried green chilli.
3/4th cup skinless dried black beans (urad)
4 cups Flour (atta)
1 green chili chopped
Oil for deep frying
1tbsp anise seeds (Saunf)
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp white cumin seeds
1/2tsp red chili powder
1/4th tsp asafoetida powder
1. Soak the beans in water overnight then rinse and drain.
2. Sift the flour and gradually add enough water to make soft dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Grind the drained beans with the chili powder, salt and spices to make stuffing. Mix well and divide it into 16 equal portions.
4. Divide the dough into 16, using wet hands, and smear each portion with a little oil.
5. Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
6. Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smooth ball, using greased hands.
7. Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
8. Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
9. Now lift the rolled kachori and carefully slip it into the hot oil.
10. Immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
11. This should take only a few seconds. Flip the kachori over and cook the other side until golden brown.Serve the dal kachori hot with chutney
Source - Indian Food Forever
1/2 spit moong daal with skin
1/2 cup rice
3 cup water
1 tbs ghee
salt to taste
1 tbs oil
1 dried red chilli ( cut into pieces)
1 tsp. mustard seeds.
Pinch of asafoetida powder
1. Soak moong daal & rice in a water for 1 hr.
2. Drain & discard water.
3. Heat ghee in heavy large pan. Add termeric powder.
4. Add daal & rice to the pan. Stir it well for 4-5 mins.
5. Then add hot water & salt to taste.
6. Cover & simmer over low heat till rice & daal is cooked properly.
7. Once rice is done prepare tampering by adding mustard seeds, red chiili, asafoetida powder.
8. Serve Khichadi when it hot, pour tampering mixter on Khichadi.
Note - This khichadi taste good with Pickle & roasted papad.