- Rice Flour
- Raagi Flour
- Tomato Puree
- Spinach Puree
- Turmeric Powder
- Ajwain Seeds (Caraway Seeds)
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chili Powder to Taste
- For green idiyappams add rice flour, ajwain, salt, red chili powder and spinach puree. Mix it well and make a dough of it. If required add some water.
- For pink idiyappams follow the same step just instead of spinach puree use tomato puree.
- For yellow idiyappams follow the same step just instead of any puree add turmeric powder.
- For brown idiyappams add raagi flour, ajwain, salt, red chili powder and make a dough.
- Take a part of the dough and put it into the idiyappam presser or chakali press and press it into previously greased idli plates or any plate with moist cloth on it.
- Steam them in idli maker or any steamer for 10 minutes.
- Serve these colorful idiyappams with any sauce, chutney or any curry. I am sure your kids will love this colorful treat.