Cooking for Kids event is a master mind of Sharmi of Neivedyam. As a mother of 3 yr old son I am always in search of kids friendly recipes. Due to this event now I have lots of kids friendly recipe collection. Thank you very much Sharmi for starting this wonderful event. This month I am hosting this event. I am honored to host this event. This month's main ingredient is Rice.
Rice remains a staple food for the majority of the world's population. Rice is very nutritious. This important carbohydrate is the staple food for more than two-thirds of the world's population who rely on the nutritional benefits of rice.
Rice has the following nutritional benefits:
- Excellent source of carbohydrates: Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which is an important source of the fuel our bodies need.
- Good energy source: Carbohydrates are broken down to glucose, most of which is used as energy for exercise and as essential fuel for the brain.
- Low fat, Low salt, No cholesterol: Rice is healthful for what it does not contain. Rice has no fat, no cholesterol and is sodium free. Rice is an excellent food to include in a balanced diet.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals such as thiamine, niacin, iron, riboflavin, vitamin D, calcium, and fiber.
- Low sugar
- No gluten: Rice is gluten free. All rice is gluten free, making rice the essential choice for people with gluten free dietary requirements.
- No additives and preservatives: Rice contains no additives or preservatives, making it an excellent inclusion in a healthy and balanced diet.
- Contains resistant starch: Rice also contains resistant starch, which is the starch that reaches the bowel undigested. This encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria, keeping the bowel healthy.
- Non-allergenic Cancer prevention and diet: Whole grains (such as brown rice) contain high amounts of insoluble fiber-the type of fiber some scientists believe may help protect against a variety of cancers.
- Rice is a low-sodium food for those with hypertension.
- It is a fair source of protein containing all eight amino acids.
Photo Source: Fotosearch
Guidelines for Participation:
- Prepare any kind of kids friendly recipe with Rice, and post it in your blog from April 1 to May 2, 2009. You can use any type of rice (white, brown, red etc) and any form of rice like flour, puffed rice, flattened rice etc.
- Provide a link to this announcement and Sharmi's Website. Using logo is optional. You can use any logo.
- Achieved entries are allowed. Repost that entry within this period and link back to this announcement and Sharmi's Website.
- Send me an e-mail with the subject line "CFK-Rice" to RecipeCenter(at)gmail(dot)com with the following details:
Photo (Any size) : Please give file name as a dish name
- Not having a blog is not excuse. You can email me the recipe and if possible photo too.
- Multiple entries are accepted and there is no limit to the number of entries.
I will post round up in one week. Looking forward for your participation.