Dry Roasted Peanuts/ Groundnuts : 2 Cups
Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds: 1-2 tsp
Garlic Cloves: 3-4 (Optional)
Tamarind : 1 inch
Curry Leaves: 2 Springs
Asafoetida / Hing : 2-3 Pinch
Salt to Taste
Sugar to Taste
1. Remove the cover of nuts by rubbing them with a wad of cloth. Blow out the skin.
2. Dry roast cumin seeds and chopped garlic cloves. Let it cool.4. Fry curry leaves in small amount of oil.
3. Grind all ingredients to coarse consistency. Don't make fine powder.
4. Store this chutney in air tight container. This chutney will remain good for a month.
1. You can eat this chutney with anything.
2. Eat with hot rice & ghee.
3. Add yogurt and serve with any type of snack like Dosa, Wada, Pakodas, Idli etc.
4. If you got boared of cooking, just eat this chutney with hot roti, chapati.
5. To get some indian taste sprinkle this chutney on Pizza, Sandwitch, Burger, Toast etc.