Shengdana Chutney (Spicy Dry Peanut Chutney)

Ingredients
Dry Roasted Peanuts/ Groundnuts : 2 Cups
Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds: 1-2 tsp
Garlic Cloves: 3-4 (Optional)
Tamarind : 1 inch
Curry Leaves: 2 Springs
Asafoetida / Hing : 2-3 Pinch
Salt to Taste
Sugar to Taste

Procedure
1. Remove the cover of nuts by rubbing them with a wad of cloth. Blow out the skin.
2. Dry roast cumin seeds and chopped garlic cloves. Let it cool.4. Fry curry leaves in small amount of oil.
3. Grind all ingredients to coarse consistency. Don't make fine powder.
4. Store this chutney in air tight container. This chutney will remain good for a month.

Surving Suggestion
1. You can eat this chutney with anything.
2. Eat with hot rice & ghee.


3. Add yogurt and serve with any type of snack like Dosa, Wada, Pakodas, Idli etc.
4. If you got boared of cooking, just eat this chutney with hot roti, chapati.
5. To get some indian taste sprinkle this chutney on Pizza, Sandwitch, Burger, Toast etc.

8 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

nice blog trupti
first time on your blog site and am impressed and loved to stay and read on and on.greetings to you from botswana !

Unknown said...

Trupti..First time Heard of this dried peanut chutney..Sounds easy to prepare

KayKat said...

Yum! My grandma used to make this often, *love* it :)

Cham said...

I never heard and tasted before sounds good :)

Pooja said...

Lovely chutney by lovely Trupti :)

Trupti said...

Thank you anamika for visiting my blog..I am glad that you like my blog. Keep visiting for more recipes.

Hi Divya & Cham,
This chutney is very common in Maharashtra. This chutney is famous as 'Poor Man's Food' as this is very quick & easy to make & requires jst common ingredients.

Hi kaykat,
Now you have this recipe so you can also make this ..

Thank you Pooja

Nupur said...

Again, with those serving suggestions, I got a strange feeling that this recipe mimics the one I wrote:
http://onehotstove.blogspot.com/2008/02/shengdana-chutney.html
Your behavior is sneaky and puzzling. If I find one more of my recipes where my words seem to be echoed, I am going to write about it on my blog and publicly criticize what I think you are doing.

Trupti said...

Hi Nupur,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to visit your blog and I followed your advise that you gave me. I started writing source of my recipe.

This chutney is very common in MS. I make this chutney almost once in a month. About the serving suggestions this are common ones not unique. I not only use this chutney but I also use dry coconut, garlic, Ridge Gourd skin, curry leaves etc chutney same way. I don't have any proof to convey you.

I know your blog is very famous. If I have to mimic your post why will I post this recipe so soon.. Everybody will know then..
it's just common sense..

If I want I can reject your comments but I am not doing that because I admire you.

Now rest depend on you.