- Almonds: 1 Cup
- Splenda Sugar: 1/2 Cup (Regular Powder Sugar: 1 Cup)
- Milk Powder: 1/2 Cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter): 2 tbsp
- Milk: 3/4 Cup
- Cardamom Powder: Pinch
- Pink Color: 2 Drops
- Soak almonds in a hot water for at least half an hour.
- Peel the skin of almonds. Using milk blend almonds into fine paste. Use more milk if needed.
- Add sugar, milk powder and blend the paste again.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Add almond paste and cook on medium heat. Don't forget to stir in between.
- Cook this mixture till mixture starts leaving sides of pan.
- Add cardamom powder, color and mix well. Remove pan from the heat.
- Whip the batter using a spatula in a circular motion for about 2-3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool.
- Shape the mixture into small balls. Decorate pedas with toothpick.
With these sweet pedas I would like to wish everybody Happy Gudi Padwa !! Happy Ugadi !! May this new year will bring you all success.
Recipe Source:Manjula's Kitchen