- Sprouted Moth Beans (Matki): 2 Cups
- Small Sized Boiled & Cubed Potatoes: 2
- Peanuts: 1/4 Cup
- Finely Chopped Onions: 1 Cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato: 1/2 Cup
- Maharashtrian Garam Masala / Goda Masala / Kandyacha Masala : 1 tbsp ( as per taste)
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Shredded Jaggery: 1 to 2 tsp ( as per taste)
- Tamarind Pulp: 2 tsp ( as per taste)
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Hing (Asafoetida) : 2 Pinch
- Few Curry Leaves
- Oil: 3 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Paav or Buns as required
- Finely Chopped Onion
- Finely Chopped Tomato
- Finely Chopped Coriander
- Lemon Slice
- Thin Shev
- Wash sprouted matki. Drain water & keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pot add some oil. Fry peanuts & keep aside. Then in remaining oil fry matki for 5-6 minutes. Remove from pot & keep aside.
- Add remaining oil in a pot. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. As they splutter, add asafoetida. Add chopped onions. When they turn transperent, add tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add masala and red chilli powder. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add peanuts, potatoes and matki. Mix all these ingredients together. Add 3 cups of warm water. Then add salt, jaggery & tamarind pulp. Mix it. Cover the pot with lid and cook till matki is cooked. Be sure to keep some extra rassa or kat or water in this curry.
- Put some butter on a pan and roast paav (bun) or bread for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, pour some matki curry. Then sprinkle some pharsan, thin shev, onion, tomato, cilantro and squize the lemon slice. Serve this bowl with paav.