To read this recipe in Marathi click here
Coriander Seeds: 4 Cups
Dry Coconut Slices: 1 Cup
Sesame Seeds: 1/2 Cup
Jeera (Cumin Seeds): 1/4 Cup
Shahjeere (Caraway seeds ): 3 tsp
Lavang (Cloves ): 2 tsp
Dalchini (Cinnamon): 4-5 sticks
Hing (Asafoetida): 2 tsp
Tamalpatra (Bay Leaves): 5-6
Dagad Phool (Black Stone Flower): 2-3
Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 Cup
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Methi (Fenugreek Seeds): 1/2 tsp
Oil: 1/4 Cup
Salt: 1/4 Cup
1. Dry roast sesame seeds.
2. Heat oil in kadhai & then fry spices one by one: coconut, cloves, cinnamon, shahjeere, bayleaf, dagad phool, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds. Let it cool for a while.
3. Grind all fried ingredients seperately. Then sieve those to get fine powder.
4. Mix all powders, turmeric, salt very well. Then add red chilli powder to oil (remained after frying) & mix it to prepared powder. Mix all ingredients very well.
5. Keep this masala in air tight container. This masala will remain good for years.
6. You can use this masala in any curry.
Ruchira: Kamalabai Ogale