Persimmon fruit is new to me. I was not sure of using this fruit in cake but for AFAM event I tried this fruit & I am glad I tried Persimmon. We all loved this cake. I adapted this recipe from Here
- All Purpose Flour: 1 & 3/4 Cup
- Persimmon Pulp: 1 & 1/4 Cup
- Butter: 1/2 Cup
- White Sugar: 3/4 Cup
- Baking Soda: 1 tsp
- Egg: 1
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Almonds, Cashews: 1/2 Cup
- Raisins: 1/2 Cup
- Cinnamon Powder: 1tsp
- Nutmeg and Cloves Powder: 1 tsp
- Orange and Lemon Zest: 1 tsp
- Mix well persimmon pulp and baking soda. It will set after some time.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and persimmon mixture. Combine flour and spices and add to persimmon mixture.
- Blend well, stir in nuts and zest. Spoon into a 9 inch greased cake pan. Bake at 350 for about 40 or more until knife comes out clean.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar or whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
This is my entry for AFAM: Persimmon event.