3/4th cup skinless dried black beans (urad)
4 cups Flour (atta)
1 green chili chopped
Oil for deep frying
1tbsp anise seeds (Saunf)
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp white cumin seeds
1/2tsp red chili powder
1/4th tsp asafoetida powder
1. Soak the beans in water overnight then rinse and drain.
2. Sift the flour and gradually add enough water to make soft dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
3. Grind the drained beans with the chili powder, salt and spices to make stuffing. Mix well and divide it into 16 equal portions.
4. Divide the dough into 16, using wet hands, and smear each portion with a little oil.
5. Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
6. Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smooth ball, using greased hands.
7. Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
8. Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
9. Now lift the rolled kachori and carefully slip it into the hot oil.
10. Immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
11. This should take only a few seconds. Flip the kachori over and cook the other side until golden brown.Serve the dal kachori hot with chutney
Source - Indian Food Forever