1/2 spit moong daal with skin
1/2 cup rice
3 cup water
1 tbs ghee
salt to taste
1 tbs oil
1 dried red chilli ( cut into pieces)
1 tsp. mustard seeds.
Pinch of asafoetida powder
1. Soak moong daal & rice in a water for 1 hr.
2. Drain & discard water.
3. Heat ghee in heavy large pan. Add termeric powder.
4. Add daal & rice to the pan. Stir it well for 4-5 mins.
5. Then add hot water & salt to taste.
6. Cover & simmer over low heat till rice & daal is cooked properly.
7. Once rice is done prepare tampering by adding mustard seeds, red chiili, asafoetida powder.
8. Serve Khichadi when it hot, pour tampering mixter on Khichadi.
Note - This khichadi taste good with Pickle & roasted papad.