To read this recipe in Marathi Click Here
Basmati Rice: 1/2 Cup
Moong Daal with Skin: 1/2 Cup
Finely Chopped Onion: 1/2 Cup
Finely Chopped Vegetables (Potato, Carrots, Cauliflower etc): 1 Cup
Ginger Paste: 3/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Bay Leaves: 2
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 & 1/2 tsp
Masale Bhat's Masala: 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
1. Dry roast moong daal untill golden brown. Let it cool.
2. Wash rice with water 2-3 times. Drain water and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add cumin seeds and bay leaves. When they sizzle add finely chopped onion. Fry onions till golden brown. Then add ginger paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Then add vegetables, rice & daal. Then add turmeric, chilli & coriander powder. Mix all these ingredients very well for 3-4 minutes.
5. Then add 2 Cups hot water & salt to taste. Stir all ingredients very well. Bring water to boil. Then cover the pot with lid and cook until done. If required add extra hot water.
6. When daal & rice are cooked, heat oil in small kadhai & add Masala. Fry this masala for 15- 30 seconds. Add this masala & ghee to the khichuri. Mix well this khichuri. Cover pot with lid again & remove pot from heat. Keep this pot covered with lid for 4-5 minutes.
7. Serve this hot Khichuri with fried eggplant or any other sabji.
Thank you Manasi again for sending me those lovely spices. Now to continue this Arusuvai Friendship Chain I will send 2 secret ingredients to Hima and Roopa.