- Black Bengal Gram (Kale Chane): 1 Cup
- Medium Sized Onion: 2
- Chopped Green Chillies: 3-4
- Chopped Coriander Leaves: 1 Cup
- Yogurt: 1 & 1/2 Cup
- Garam Masala Powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala: 2 tsp
- Besan (Gram Flour): 4 tsp
- Hing (Asafoetida): 1/4 tsp
- 2 inch Cinnamon: 1
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
- Black Cardamoms: 2-3
- Cloves: 5-6
- Pure Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Soak bengal gram overnight in 4 cup water. Drain, mix in 6 cup of water and pressure stir fry till done. Then mash the grams slightly.
- Heat up ghee and oil, add cumin seeds, when they crackle mix in the whole garam masala, fry for 1-2 minutes. Mix in asafoetida and chopped green chillies, sautae.
- Then mix yogurt, gram flour, 1 cup water and dry spices very well in a bowl.
- Then add this yogurt mixture in sautaed whole garam masala. Keep stirring till it boils.
- Then mix in the grams along with the water they were boiled in. Mix in salt to taste. Mix well. Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot decorated with cut coriander leaves and onion .
This is my entry for Padmaja's RCI- Rajasthan.