Healthy Mix Vegetable Soup and another Award.


For Raaga's MBP: Soup and Salad event I am trying Manasi's Mix Vegetable and Coconut Milk Soup. I love this healthy soup. I made little bit changes to original recipe. I did not use beet root and instead of pressure cook all vegetables I chopped them very fine. Here is my version

Ingredients

  • Cauliflower Florets: 1 Cup
  • Cabbage: 1/2 Cup
  • Large Tomato: 1
  • Medium Size Carrot: 1
  • Green Beans: 10 - 15
  • Green Peas: 1/2 Cup
  • Chopped Onion: 1/2 Cup
  • Coconut Milk: 1 Cup
  • Ginger Paste: 1 tsp
  • Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
  • Bay Leaves: 1-2
  • Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
  • Cloves: 3-4
  • Olive Oil: 2 tsp
  • Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
  • Water as needed

Procedure

  • First of all finely chopped all vegetables in food processor and keep aside.

  • Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Then add the garlic paste, cloves, bay leaves and saute the chopped onions until light golden brown.

  • Then add chopped vegetables to the pan. Mix all ingredients very well. Cover and cook them for 4-5 minutes, then add all other spices. Then add chopped tomato. Cover pan with lid and let them simmer for 6-7 minutes. Then add half of the coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.

  • Then remove the pan from flame. Let it cool for a while. Then remove cloves, bay leaves by hand. Then blend all mixture in a blender to fine paste. Add remaining coconut milk while blending. Add water to achieve the desired consistency. Then add salt, pepper of needed.

  • Garnish this soup with finely chopped coriander and serve hot.

Today one of my blogger friend JZ of Tasty Treats gave me another award. This award is 'You make my day'. I am so happy. I am truly honored and I really appreciate your gesture!

I would like to pass this award to

Enjoy your awards.

25 comments:

FH said...

Great looking soup, makes you happy!:)
Enjoy your award Trupti, thanks for thinking of me! Have a wonderful weekend.

kamala said...

I dont know how i missed out ur posts.Sandwich looks so good.Surprise for u in my blog

Sangeeth said...

hi trupti..very nice entry to the event....congrats on ur awards...:)

Unknown said...

Congrats for the award...and the soup looks healthy and delicious..

Unknown said...

That is a very different soup ! I mean I never had a soup with coconut milk as its ingredient! Very creative! Was it having the coconut taste more ?

Unknown said...

Hey Congrats on your award!! :)

Sum Raj said...

hai trupti..thanks for commenting on my blog....saw ur blog ,its very nice and ur soup is very healthy with mxed of veg....like to have these kinds of soup when i get cold....congrates on ur award....

Mansi said...

Glad you tried my soup recipe trupti! its personally one of my favorites as its healthy and tasty, and you can get all nutrients in just one bowl:) your bowl of soup looks pretty indeed!

and congrats on the award gal, thanks so much for passing it to me! But I'm more happy you enjoyed my soup recipe!:)D

Hope you can find some time to participate in my Monthly Mingle!

Suganya said...

You make my day too, Trupti. Thanks :)

Red Chillies said...

thank you so much for thinking of me Trupti. You made my day!
The soup looks delish!

Suganya said...

hi...
That is a YUMMY soup. Looks so good. Love the addition of coconut milk to it. Nice idea. Love it. That was a nice colored soup. So creamy...

ST said...

Hi,visiting ur blog for the first time,nice and lovely blog.Would love to see u on my blog.

Sandwich looks so good and delicious.Congrats for the award...

Trupti said...

Thanks you Asha & you are welcome. You deserve the award as you makes my day by posting nice recipes.

Thanks kamala for the award.

Thanks Sangeeth, hetal.

Thanks Roopa. You should thank manasi for this lovely recipe. Coconut milk gives very nice taste.

Thank you Suma for visiting my blog.

Yes manasi..this soup was superb..thanks for sharing this recipe with us. Yes I am going to particpate in your next event.

Thanks Suganya.

You are welcome Redchilli, you deserve this award.

Thanks Sukanya..you should thanks Manasi who shared this lovely recipe with us.

Hey Sireesha, thanks for visiting my blog. Keep visiting.

ST said...

The soup looks healthy and delicious.
Hey check out my blog,have something for you!!

Uma said...

lovely soup, Trupti! love the presentation too. Congrats on the award.

Sia said...

lovely one trupti and anythin with coconut is my fav. i have tried similar recipe from sanjeev kapoor's KK show called carrot-coconut shorba and its absolutely delicious. will try ur/mansi's recipe next.

About-Astrology said...

The soup is looking very healthy....
Meenal

FH said...

Hey T, check out Aroma today, surprise!:))

Sangeeth said...

hi trupti...i have added you in my blog roll....would greatly appreciate if you could add mine too....

EC said...

Congrats on the award and an healthy soup indeed

Meera said...

That looks lovely!

Trupti said...

Thank you all. I think we all should thank Manasi for sharing this wonderful soup recipe.

Alaifiya said...

hey wow,ur blog is awesome i need tips yaar,i need to add some recipes but am waiting to upload the pics hopefully soon.clicked some of ur ads and am adding ur blog on my blog hope thts ok

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Wow healthy soup..will try

Vijitha said...

Healthy soup! looks lovely.