For Raaga's MBP: Soup and Salad event I am trying Manasi's Mix Vegetable and Coconut Milk Soup. I love this healthy soup. I made little bit changes to original recipe. I did not use beet root and instead of pressure cook all vegetables I chopped them very fine. Here is my version
- Cauliflower Florets: 1 Cup
- Cabbage: 1/2 Cup
- Large Tomato: 1
- Medium Size Carrot: 1
- Green Beans: 10 - 15
- Green Peas: 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Onion: 1/2 Cup
- Coconut Milk: 1 Cup
- Ginger Paste: 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
- Bay Leaves: 1-2
- Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
- Cloves: 3-4
- Olive Oil: 2 tsp
- Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Water as needed
- First of all finely chopped all vegetables in food processor and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Then add the garlic paste, cloves, bay leaves and saute the chopped onions until light golden brown.
- Then add chopped vegetables to the pan. Mix all ingredients very well. Cover and cook them for 4-5 minutes, then add all other spices. Then add chopped tomato. Cover pan with lid and let them simmer for 6-7 minutes. Then add half of the coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then remove the pan from flame. Let it cool for a while. Then remove cloves, bay leaves by hand. Then blend all mixture in a blender to fine paste. Add remaining coconut milk while blending. Add water to achieve the desired consistency. Then add salt, pepper of needed.
- Garnish this soup with finely chopped coriander and serve hot.
Today one of my blogger friend JZ of Tasty Treats gave me another award. This award is 'You make my day'. I am so happy. I am truly honored and I really appreciate your gesture!
Enjoy your awards.