- Thick Grated Cucumber: 1
- Ragi Flour: 1/4 Cup
- Rice Flour: 1/4 Cup
- Jawar Flour: 1/4 Cup
- Besan (Chickpea Flour): 1 Cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies: 2-3
- Finely Chopped Coriander: 1/2 Cup
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
- Ajwain: 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Frying
- Add salt, all powders, cumin seeds, ajwain to grated cucumber. Mix very well. Keep this aside for 10 -15 minutes.
- Then add remaining ingredients to cucumber mixture. Add cucumber will leave water you may or may not need water to knead the dough.
- Make small lemon size balls of this dough.
- On a plastic sheet, shape vadas with these balls.
- Heat oil in the kadai and fry these vadas till it ger little bit red on medium heat.
- Serve these hot vadas with any sauce, ketch up, chutney or curd.
This is my entry for Manasi's Monthly Mingle: Appetizers & Hors'Doeuvres event.
Anjali of Anna Parabrahma