- Basmati Rice: 1 Cup
- Sugar: 1 Cup
- Freshly Grated Coconut: 1/2 Cup
- Cardamom Pods: 3-4
- Cloves: 3-4
- Saffron: 3-4 Strings
- Nutmeg Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cashews: 5-6 (Cut into 2-3 pieces)
- Raisins: 5-6
- Yellow Food Color: 2-3 Drops (Optional)
- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Wash rice and soak in water for 1/2 hour. Then drain water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai or pot. Then add cloves, cardamoms, cashew and raisins. Fry them very well.
- Then add rice and saute for 3-4 minutes. Then add grated coconut, mix well.
- Then add 2 and half cups of hot water, food color, saffron and nutmeg powder. Mix well and let it cook for a while.
- When rice is 90 % done, add sugar and mix well. Cover the pot with lid and let it cook till rice is cooked well.
- Serve this rice when it's hot.