- Diced Roma Tomatoes: 3 Cups
- Chopped Onion: 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Green Bell Pepper: 1/2 Cup
- Maida (All Purpose Flour): 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves: 4-5
- Bay Leaf: 1
- Black Pepper & Salt to Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter: 2 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil or Butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add bay leaf, onion and bell pepper. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and little salt. Cook these for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Remove bay leaf. Blend everything in a blender to make smooth puree.
- Mix all purpose flour in a small amount of water to make a fine paste.
- Heat reaining oil or butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add cumin seeds. When the start popping add chopped garlic. Fry garlic till golden brown.
- Add all purpose flour paste and stir it well.
- Then add tomato puree, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish this soup with coriander leaves or spring onion or Cream.
- Serve hot at any time of the day.