- Almonds: 1 Cup
- Splenda Sugar: 1/2 Cup (Regular Powder Sugar: 1 Cup)
- Milk Powder: 1/2 Cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter): 2 tbsp
- Milk: 3/4 Cup
- Cardamom Powder: Pinch
- Pink Color: 2 Drops
- Soak almonds in a hot water for at least half an hour.
- Peel the skin of almonds. Using milk blend almonds into fine paste. Use more milk if needed.
- Add sugar, milk powder and blend the paste again.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Add almond paste and cook on medium heat. Don't forget to stir in between.
- Cook this mixture till mixture starts leaving sides of pan.
- Add cardamom powder, color and mix well. Remove pan from the heat.
- Whip the batter using a spatula in a circular motion for about 2-3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool.
- Shape the mixture into small balls. Decorate pedas with toothpick.
With these sweet pedas I would like to wish everybody Happy Gudi Padwa !! Happy Ugadi !! May this new year will bring you all success.
This is my entry for Priya's FIC: Pink event started by Harini and JZ's Let's Go Nuts: Almonds event started by Aquadaze of Served with Love
Don't forgot to join Earth Hour 2009 on 28th March. If you are not able to turn off all lights of your home. You can just turn of your TV, Computers and other electric items. Save your earth.
Recipe Source:Manjula's Kitchen