Deseeded Tamarind / Imli : 1/2 Cup or Tamarind Pulp: 1/4 Cup
Deseeded Dates / Khajur: 1/2 Cup
Jaggery / Gur: 1/4 Cup
Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp (Adjust as per taste)
Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
1. Wash dates and tamarind and place them in a bowl. Add 1 cup water & keep aside for 5-6 hrs. 2. After 5-6 hrs, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If required add some water.
3. Strain the mixture through sieve.
4. Keep this chutney in a air- tight container.
5. Keep it refrigerated. It will remain good for atleast 2 weeks.
- If you are in hurry, you can place all ingredients and 4 cups water in a saucepan. Boil for 20-25 minutes. Strain it.
- The chutney should be little bit sweet than sour.