Chana Dal /Kala Chana /Black Chick Peas - 2 cups
Urad Dal - 1 cup
Rice - 1/2 cup
Wheat Grains - 1/4 cup or you can use Wheat Flour
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 cup
Cumin Seeds - 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds - 2 tbsp
Hing / Asafetida -1 tsp
Dried Red Chillies - 2 or 3
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Soonth / Dry Ginger Powder - 1 tsp
Nutmeg Powder - 1/4 tsp or Nutmeg - 1/2
1. Heat a pan. Dry roast all ingredients except hing, soonth, turmeric & nutmeg till light brown. Let it cool.
2. Once cooled down, grind all roasted ingredients and remaining ingredients in a mixer till fine powder.
3. Sieve this powder and store it in air - tight container. Metkut will remain fresh for several weeks.
1. Add metkut, ghee, lemon juice to some rice. Mix well & eat when rice is hot.
2. You can use this at the time of making any type of Chiwda or Maharashtrian Murmura Bhadang.
3. Add some metkut, salt, sugar, finely chopped coriander to yogurt. Eat like a raita.
4. Make a toast of bread slice, apply some butter, metkut & salt. Eat when toast is hot.