Spicy Palak & Potato Sabji
Fresh Spinach Leaves: 1 lbs
Large Potatoes: 2
Sliced Onion: 1
Capsicum (Seeded & Sliced): 1 Medium
Mixed crushed Coriander Seeds , Mustard & Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
Ginger - Garlic Paste: 2 tsp
Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil: 2 tbsp
1. Wash spinach leaves thoroughly and cut off any extra long stems.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into slices.
3. Blanch the spinach in the boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain the water, place the spinach in a sieve to drain any excess water and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add mixed crushed seeds and fry over moderate heat for 30 seconds until aromatic.
5. Add curry leaves and onion. Fry until onion is soft and light golden in color.
6. Reduce heat and add chilli powder, ginger - garlic paste and salt to taste. Stir -fry for 30 seconds, then add the potato and stir gently for a minute or so.
7. Add capsicum and spinach, cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes until the potato is tender. Stir in between. Try not to break the potato slices.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with chapati or roti or phulake.