Stuffed Karela (Bitter Gourd)
Medium Sized Karela(Bitter Gourd): 4
Finely Chopped Onion: 1 Large
Finely Shredded or boiled & mashed Potato: 1 Small
Karela Seeds (otional)
Ginger Garlic Paste: 1/2 tsp
Besan: 1 tsp (optional)
Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder: 1- 1/2 tsp
Amchur(Dry Mango) Powder: 1 tsp
Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves: 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
1. Wash Karelas and remove the outer skin. Remove both ends.
2. Make a slit lenghwise and remove all seeds.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Add chopped onion. Fry onions till it get light brown. Then add ginger - garlic paste. Stir for a minute.
4. Then add finely shredded/ mashed potato, besan,salt, karela seeds, chilli powder & amchur powder. Stir for a while. Add chopped coriander leaves. As we are going to stuff this stuffing into karela and again we are cooking karela, it is not necessary to cook this stuffing for long period. Just make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
5. Cool this mixture.
6. Now stuff karelas with above mixture. Tie karela with a thread so that stuffing mixture does not come off while cooking.
7. Now heat oil in a non - stick pan. Add stuffed karelas. Cover the pan with lid. Cook these karelas on medium heat. Turn them in between slowly.
8. Serve hot with Roti, Chapati or Rice.