Announcing Recipes for the rest of us - Picnic Eats

Recipes for the rest of us is aimed at introducing newbies to the joy of cooking. Started by Ramki of One Page Cookbooks , this event focuses on very simple, fool proof recipes. Because of this bad weather everyone is expecting good weahter for picnic. So why don't we keep some recipes ready for picnic. With the help of this event we can collect some simple recipes for picnics. This event is from 20th Feb 2009. I am announcing this event in advance so that we all will get extra time to think.



Guidelines :
1. Cook anything simple for picnic and post the recipe on your blog.
2. Multiple entries / archived entries welcome. However, do edit the archived post to include a link to this event and One Page Cookbooks .
3. Include the logo in your post if you wish.
4. Please send an e-mail to RecipeCenter@gmail.com with the following details on or before March 20 2009

*Subject Line: Recipes for the rest of us : Picnic Eats
* Blog author:
* Blog name:
* Dish Name:
* URL of the post:
* Photo: Please give file name as Dish name

5. If you don't have a blog & have some recipes don't worry, you can email me those recipes. I will add those recipes in round up.
6. The roundup of would be posted a week after the event closes.

Note :
1. Please avoid exact measurements. Please use very simple measurements like a handful or a pinch.
2. Please avoid complicated steps.If the recipe takes over 5 steps to prepare, it would not be suitable for this event.
3. Please avoid recipes demanding a good deal of manual skill.
4. Please avoid recipes demanding fancy kitchen equipment.
5. In short, it should be something a ten year old kid should be able to cook up.



Note:
I know that Siri is also hosting Dinner Edition of this series. Siri's event is till March 1. Picnic Eats starts on 20 Feb & ends on 20 March

14 comments:

FH said...

Don't know what's going on with this event though, Trupti? Siri already announced with a theme "Dinner" for the same event last week and I already posted one for her at Aroma. I think some confusion going on!:)

http://siri-corner.blogspot.com/2009/02/announcing-recipes-for-rest-of-us.html

Poonam said...

Nice event count me in

Usha said...

Sounds like a real fun event, let me see what I can come up with for this event :-)

Uma said...

Nice event Trupti! Let me see if I can send something.

FH said...

OH! Now I got it. Both are going on at the same time! It's too much, two events from the same source around the same time! :D

I will see what I can do for you! :)

DK said...

wow..u r on a event spree...I have no idea how u manage it with so much at your place! I am finind it so hard.......! Will get tips from u @ FB :)

Unknown said...

will try to send in something..

Anonymous said...

Great event Trupti..

Trupti said...

Thank you everybody. Looking forward for your participation.

DK This is the last month that I am having 2 events. After that I am hosting jst 1 event & that's it :)

Priya Suresh said...

Excellent event!! will try something:d

Anonymous said...

Hey Trupti,

Thanks for coming up with such an event...Let me see what I can contribute here...

Regards,

Shoba

Neha said...

Gr8 event,'ll send something.

Trupti said...

Shoba, Neha waiting for your recipes.

Madhu's cooking gallery said...

Nice event! will send some entry for sure!