गाजर हलवा (Carrot Halwa)
- Finely Grated Carrots: 2 Cups
- Milk: 3 Cups
- Sugar : 1/2 Cup or More
- Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ghee or Unsalted Butter: 2 tbsp
- Chopped Cashews, Almonds: 2 tbsp
- Raisins: 1 tbsp
- While grating carrots pour milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan and keep on it on stove. To avoid burning the milk keep stirring in between. Keep boiling & stirring the milk till it becomes half in a quantity or till your carrots are ready.
- Soak almonds, cashews & raisins in milk for 10 -15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add shredded carrots. Cook carrots for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add hot milk. Cook these carrots till all milk gets evaporated. Stir in between.
- Then add sugar, cardamom powder & dry fruits. Mix everything very well. Cook this halwa for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve this sweet halwa hot, cold or at room temperature.
This is my entry for
1. Aparna's FIC: Orange event started by Harini of Tongue Ticklers.
2. EC's RCI: Hariyan event started by Laxmi of Veggie Cuisine.
3. Varsha's Recipes For Rest of Us: Dessert event started by Ramki of One Page Cookbook.