- Rice Flour : 1 Cup
- Moong Daal : 1 tbsp
- Ajwain Seeds (Carom Seeds or Bishop's Weed): 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder : As per Taste
- Salt to Taste
- Water : 1 & 1/2 Cup
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Boil water in a sauce pan. Add moong dal and salt in it. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove sauce pan from the heat, add rice flour, red chili powder and ajwain seeds. Mix it thoroughly and cover it.
- After 5 minutes, remove the cover, mix above mixture and make a soft dough. If needed add some water.
- Apply oil to hands and make lemon size balls of the dough. Roll the ball on any flat surface to form long strip.Cut the long strip and press the ends to form a ring. Follow the same procedure for remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (deep frying pan) and slowly drop some rings into the oil. Fry these rings until golden brown. Repeat the same procedure for remaining rings.
- Store these rings in air tight container. These rings will remain good for at least a week. This is a very good tea time snack. Kids loves these rings including my 33 month old son.
This is my entry for Nupur's MBP July 08: Less Is More. I followed same directions as Raji gave here but just added ajwain as extra ingredient. Thank you very much Raji for sharing this recipe and thank you Nupur for hosting this event.