To read this recipe in Marathi Click Here
- Small Dudhi (Bottle Gourd): 1
- Curry Leaves: 1 String
- Kala Masala (Maharashtrian Black Masala with Onion & Garlic): 2 tsp
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Tur Daal (Yellow Lentil): 1 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds: 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds: 2 tsp
- Jeera (Cumin Seeds): 1 tsp
- Grated Coconut: 1 tbsp
- Peanuts: 2 tbsp
- Ginger - Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
- Dry roast tur daal, sesame seeds, jeera,peanuts, coriander seeds & grated coconut till they become golden brown. Let it cool for a while. Then grind all these masala ingredients to fine paste with small amount of water.
- Peel the Dudhi and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Then add curry leaves & hing. Then add masala paste. Cook the masla till it leaves some oil (atleast 5-6 minutes). Then add kala masala, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add dudhi pieces and salt. Mix well and cover the kadhai with lid. Let it cook for 2 minutes then add small amount of warm water (according to required consistency). Again cover kadhai with lid and let it cook till dudhi pieces are fully cooked.
- Garnish this dudhi masala with chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti or chapati or phulka or any rice.