- Chaana Daal (Yellow Gram) : 1 Cup
- Cinnamon Stick : 1
- Finely Chopped Onion : 1/2 Cup
- Finely Chopped Coriander : 1/2 Cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chillies : 2
- Besan (Chick Pea Flour) : 1 tbsp
- Red Chillies : 3-4
- Chopped Curry Leaves : 4-5
- Jeera ( Cumin Seeds ) :1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Deep frying
- Wash and soak chaana daal for 4-5 hours.
- Grind chaana daal, cinnamon stick, red chillies, jeera coarsely. Then add remaining ingredients except oil and mix well. Check the mixture. If mixture is not bonding to form vada add more besan.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Make small flat vadas of all mixture. Fry these vadas in kadhai till they become golden brown.
- Serve these hot vada with any type of chutney or sauce or ketch up.
This is my entry for Vani's RCI:Andhra Festival Food event.