I adapted this recipe from Anupama. This Dhokla little bit tastes like Idli but little bit sour than idli. As I did not make any changes I am giving recipe as it is.
- Rice: 1 Cup
- Urad Dal: 1/4 Cup
- Sour Curd: 1 Cup
- Coarsely Ground Paper: As per Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar To Taste
- Eno Fruit Salt : 1 tsp
- Oil: 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds: 2 tsp
- Fresh Curry Leaves: 7-8
- Small Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Soak the rice and dal together for atleast 4-5 hours. After 4-5 hours grind the rice and dal to a fine paste. Leave this mixture for another 4-5 hours in a warm place. It does not need to ferment like the idli batter.
- After 4-5 hours add curd, salt, sugar and pepper to the batter, and mix well. Add just enough water to get a smooth batter .
- Oil a thali or dhokla stand . Add Eno Fruit salt to the batter . Mix well and immediately pour the batter into the Thali or Dhokla Mold.
- Steam for 8 to 10 mins. Then let it cool for a while.
- Prepare a tempering by adding mustard seeds and curry leaves to hot oil and spoon this over each piece of dhokla .
- You can eat this dhokla with mint chutney or tamarind chutney anytime of the day.
With this nice snack I am wishing all my readers Happy Women's Day !! Enjoy your day.
This award comes with a responsibility. The responsibility to adhere to the norms as below:
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I would like to present this award to 8 fellow-bloggers who have always encouraged me through their comments and suggestions and request them to forward the chain.
Priya, Asha , vidhas, Uma , Usha , Neha , Vanamala , Vidhya
Enjoy these awards & Women's Day !!