I love healthy dishes so when I saw Mahima's Chickpea Cutlets I decided to try them. I replaced potato with sweet potato and added extra carrots, onion. We loved these cutlets. Thank you very much Mahima for sharing this recipe.
- Canned Chickpeas: 1 Can
- Boiled Sweet Potato: 1 Small
- Bread Crumbs: 1/2 Cup
- Finely Shredded Carrot: 1/2 Cup
- Finely Chopped Onion: 1/2 Cup
- Minced Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillies to Taste
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 2 Pinches
- Fresh Lemon Juice: 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Mix onion, carrot, minced ginger-garlic-green chillies, lemon juice very well & keep aside for 5 min.
- Meanwhile drain excess water from chick peas. Mash chick peas & sweet potatoes very well. Then add onion mixture & all other ingredients except oil into it. Mix it very well.
- Make small patties of this mixture.
- Heat some oil in a non stick griddle. Place cutlets, drizzle few drops of oil around the corner and shallow fry them from both sides till they become golden brown.
- Serve these cutlets with any sauce, ketchup or chutney. You can use these cutlets in sandwich too.
I am sending this entry to MBP: Kids Food , MBP: Snacks & Savouries . Three cheers for Coffee who started this wonderful event. I am also sending this entry to Tasty Bites for Toddlers , Lentil Mela, My Legume Love Affair: Nineth Helping started by Susan . This entry also goes to Recipes For Rest of Us: Picnic Eats started by Ramki of One Page Cookbooks.
Ashiwini of Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine gave me 'Circle of Friends', 'Blogging with Purpose' and 'Great Buddy' Awards. Thank you very much Ashwini for these awards. Thank you very much Ashwini for these awards.
Only 4 days remains for MBP:Kids Food event so hurry up girls...