- Almonds: 1/2 Cup
- Milk: 1 & 1/2 Cup
- Sugar: 4 tbsp
- Whole Black pepeer: 1 tsp or as per taste
- Fennel Seeds (Saunf): 1 tbsp
- Poppy Seeds: 2 tbsp
- Whole Green Cardamom: 4
- Rose Water: 2 tbsp
- Water: As needed
- Soak almonds in water for at least 5-6 hrs. Peel off skin of almonds & keep aside.
- Grind black peper, fennel seeds, poppy seeds and cardamom to fine powder. Then add almonds, sugar and make a fine paste of almonds by using very small amount of water.
- Strain this almond liquid through fine strainer.
- Blend the leftover paste with small amount of water and strain it again.
- Mix milk and rose water in almond liquid very well.
- Serve this Thandai with ice.
With this Thandai I would like to wish everyone HAPPY HOLI !! Enjoy the festival of Colors !!
Now it's Award time. Pooja of Sai Kitchen gave me four wonderful awards. These awards are 'Friends', 'You are a Sweet Heart', 'One Lovely Blog Award' and 'Triple Award'. Thank you very much Pooja for these lovely awards. I am so honored.
I would like to give these awards to lovely Priya, Asha, Mahimaa, Soma , Ashwini, Sharmi . Enjoy your awards !!
Recipe Source: Manjula's Kitchen