Tomato Bhindi Sabzi
250 gms. fresh okra
1 medium tomato chopped
2 tbsp. tomato puree (fresh or canned)
1 stalk curry leaves
1 tbsp. coriander leaves finely chopped
1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
1/2 tsp. coriander seed powder
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
2-3 pinches asafoetida
1/4 tsp. each cumin & mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp. oil
1. Snip off stems and tips of okra.
2. Chop into 1/2” thick round pieces.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan.
4. Add seeds, asafetida, curryleaves, allow to splutter.
5. Add okra, stirfry till done, but not mushy.
6. Remove okra with a perforated spoon, keep aside.
7. Add tomato into same pan, stir and simmer for a minute.
8. Add all masalas powders, salt, stir, add tomato puree.
9. When puree begins to boil, reduce heat simmer for a minute.
10. Add in cooked okra, stir, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
11. Take off fire, pour into serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with puris, chappatis, or rice.