3 Cups Of Wheat Flour
2 TeaSpoon of Besan (Gram Flour)
1/2 Pack of Spinach (Palak), Washed and Chopped
1 TeaSpoon of Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Cup Of Chopped Onions (Optional)
3 TeaSpoon Of Oil.
1/2 TeaSpoon of Garlic Paste,
1 TeaSpoon of Dhania-Jeera Powder (Cumin-Corriander Powder).
3-4 Green Chillies.
Hing Powder (Optional),
1 TeaSpoon of Seasom Seeds (Til),
1. Mix the Spinach with Green Chillies and chopped Onion (Optional). Put them in the blender adding a very little bit of water, just to make sure that they mix well. Blend it till it forms a paste.
2. Add Wheat Flour, Besan, Salt, Hing Powder, Turmeric Powder, Dhania-Jeera Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Seasom Seeds, Garlic Paste and heated oil to the above prepared Paste. Knead it by adding warm water (if required) and prepare a dough. By mixing Spinach in the form of Paste with the Flour imparts the lovely green color.
3. Let the dough set for about an hour.
4. Make 10 balls of the same size from it.
5. Roll them into round Parathas (little thicker than chapati) with a rolling pin.
6. Put these Parathas on the preheated pan and roast them by applying oil/butter on both sides.
Serve these 'Green Palak Parathas' with Red Tomato Chutney/ Pickle/ Curd.
Note: To make 'Green Palak Pooris' use the same method to make a dough, prepare small balls, roll them and then deep fry in oil. Happy Cooking.