1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
6 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
1. Combine the onion, thyme, salt, pepper, Marsala, and butter in a microwavable dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts without crowding.
2. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
3. Add the chicken and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 12 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the centers but are still moist.
4. Transfer the chicken to a platter and set aside in a warm place
5. Return the dish to the microwave and continue to cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 5 minutes, or until the onion is very soft and the liquid is reduced. Spoon juices over the chicken, garnish with the basil, and serve hot, with hot cooked pasta or rice.