Karela (small) 7 to 8
Garlic 6 to 7 flakes
Green Chillies 1 tsp chopped
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Amchur (dry mango) powder 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 1 tbsp
1. Remove th skin of karela.
2. Make a vertical slit and remove the seeds also. Now apply salt and wheat flour and keep aside for 2-3 hours to remove the bitterness
3. After 2-3 hours wash properly and keep aside.
4. Mix all the above ingredients in a dry grinder except oil.
5. Stuff the ground masala in karelas and tie then with thread so that masala does not come out.
6. Heat oil in flat non stick pan and put karela.
7. Cover and cook on slow fire for about 20 to 25 minutes. (Keep changing the sides in between so that they are cooked on all sides)
8. Enjoy sweet and sour karela with Chappati.