Moong Daal- 1 1/2 cups
Water - 2 cups
Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
Potato(small) - 1 no (cut into small pieces)
Green chillies - 4 nos
Tomato(small) - 1 no (cut into small pieces)
Onion - 1 no (sliced)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 2 nos
Curry leaves - 1 stem
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - As reqd
1. Fry dal, until golden brown.
2. Grind it in a blender.
3. Cook dal in a vessel along with 2 cups of water and turmeric powder.
4. When it is half cooked, add potato.
5. Add tomato, green chillies, onions and salt.
6. Cook, till they are done.
7. Heat a little oil in a pan.
8. Splutter mustard seeds.
9. Fry some onions, red chillies and curry leaves.
10. Pour this seasoning into the above curry, Serve hot with rice, chappathis, rotis etc